St Mary’s provides students in Years 4, 5 and 6 access to 1:1 technology and offers contemporary learning opportunities and the development of 21st-century skills.
These skills include self-regulation, communication, critical thinking, collaboration, problem solving and creative thinking. Devices are not the only tool to teach these skills, but they assist to build these skills in students. The 1:1 technology assists with the development of digital literacy, digital fluency, and digital citizenship. It also allows us to move forward in meeting the needs of our learners and curriculum requirements.
AIMS OF THE PROGRAM
- To allow students to use an approved device to access the school wireless network for educational purposes
- To enable students to use technology to further their learning in structured lessons and independently at home
- To enable students to develop skills and behaviours reflective of responsible digital citizens
- To harness student connectivity to personal devices for the purpose of developing 21st century teaching and learning skills and for fostering digital literacy, fluency and social responsibility in a safe environment
- To ensure the smart, safe and responsible use of devices at St Mary’s Primary School.
Kindergarten, Years 1, 2 and 3 students have access to desktop computers, laptops and iPads in their classroom to develop their 21st-century skills.