St Mary’s is part of the Boolaroo-Warners Bay Parish and was opened in 1958 with 41 students from Kindergarten to Year 4.
The school was staffed by the Sisters of St Joseph. In 1960 the school was extended to include Years 5 and 6. In 1968, St Mary’s became the Infants School, while Our Lady Help of Christians, Boolaroo, catered for the Primary classes. This continued until 1975 when the decision was made to phase out one of the parish schools because of declining enrolments and the increasing cost of maintaining the two schools. In 1976 Our Lady Help of Christians School was moved from Boolaroo to Warners Bay. In 1981 the Sisters of St Joseph relinquished charge of the school and a lay principal was appointed. Due to increasing enrolments, extensions were completed over the years and the school became 2 stream. In 2008-9 the school was completely rebuilt. The school now has an administration block, library and computer room, 15 permanent brick air-conditioned classrooms, 3 portable rooms, creative play spaces, a garden for prayer and reflection, extensive landscaping and five covered outdoor learning areas.
St Mary’s caters for students from the Parish of Boolaroo-Warners Bay and has a history built upon the traditions of the Sisters of St Joseph. We acknowledge the traditional owners of the land, the Awabakal people, upon which the school is built.